Spray Drying Services
Spray drying is a continuous process used to manufacture free-flowing dry powders from a liquid feedstock. The liquid feedstock is atomized into a heated air stream where the droplets rapidly dry to form individual particles. Particle size, morphology and moisture content can be controlled by adjusting dryer parameters, nozzle configuration and feed properties. Spray drying is widely used across many industries and can efficiently dry commodity material as well as create value-added, designer particles.
AVEKA utilizes both tower and horizontal box dryers equipped with two-fluid and hydraulic spray nozzles to process a variety of aqueous systems. Extensive pre- and post-processing capabilities contribute to the turnkey experience AVEKA provides.
*Spray Drying Equipment:
- One food grade horizontal box dryers (up to 2000 kg of water evaporation per hour)
- Four food grade tower dryers (ranging from 3 kg to 2000 kg of water evaporation per hour) Niro, Small, V-Bottom, Large
- Three industrial tower dryers (ranging from 3 kg to 90 kg of water evaporation per hour) Niro, pilot, 5′
Pre- and Post-Processing Capabilities:
- Liquid silo storage
- Liquid batching tanks (many available options)
- Filtration and separation
- Evaporators (up to 1400 kg water evaporation per hour)
- Screening and classification
- Reconstitution of dry raw materials
- Reactions, ph adjustments
*Rates are dependent on materials and drying conditions.
- What is the percent solids going to the spray dryer?
- What is the target particle size?
- What is the desired finish product moisture content?
- Is the finished powder hydrophilic, flowable or tacky?
- What is the viscosity of the liquid slurry?
- Is the liquid feed material a solution or dispersion?
- What is the temperature profile?
- Is any additional liquid handling needed: pH adjustment, blending materials, heat treating, etc.?
- Are there any specific conditions or limits for storage/handling of the raw material or finished goods?